Sunday, June 05, 2005

My $107 sleeping bag

First off, wanted to say Congrats to Juan for being the first one to post to my blog. Eggs are on the way. I am still thinking you should be the egg maker now since you have 50 ways to make them. However, no Devils Food Eggs, that is just something that should not be eatten in an egg, agree?? Gonna miss you guys too! (sniff sniff) However, from what I heard through the grapevine, I have a feeling we will be staying in touch more often than I expected since a majority of PCV (peace corps volunteers) have electricity down there. Which means short donkey riding distance to the internet cafe.
Being done with school is great, however I came home after church tonight instead of going out with everyone partially out of habit. I am so use to having to come home to do homework that I felt I had stuff to do, stuff to be done and stressed about. However, now that I am home I am trying to see what I need to do that has to be done "right now"
I went shopping this weekend for my first major Peace Corps purchase. I bought a $107 sleeping bag.. Yes I know, it should fly and have central heating for that price. But! It can be squished into a space a little bigger than a basketball, weighs 2lbs and it can keep me warm at 25'. As I told Ernesto, if Guatemala gets colder than 25', I am coming back!
So... I ended up getting a C in ECON. Which meant I got a 2.99995 GPA. HOWEVER.. they round to the 100th place or something like that which meant I got a 3.0 in the end. I personally could feel like I could of done better. Then again, working 2 jobs threw college about 30hrs a week (sometimes up to 50hrs) I think it went as well as it could of. As I have always said, I am not very good at school sometimes.. But I can say that I do enjoy it and hope to go on to graduate school when I come back to the U.S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home