Getting the Guatemalan Mariposas (Butterflies)
So.... if I had a quarter for every time someone asked me if I am excited I could get at least 1, maybe two California Rolls. Not that I don't like that question, more of a "Do I say yes, or do I say the truth?" Excited..yea, I would say so. I want to pack already, but little early for that one. My sister will not allow suitcases to sit in our room for 7weeks, she doesn't allow a shoe box to sit in one place for even a week. However, outside of being excited. I am nervous... I have gotten to the situation like when you are watching a scary movie and you don't want to watch but you also want to see whats happening. I keep finding websites or blogs of people that sometimes say not so positive stuff so I in turn start to worry, when I know I shouldn't. Everyone's experience is completely different.
54DAYS TO GO
So my newest quest is finding the best "travel guide" for Guatemala and surrounding areas. Right now I am looking at whichever one has the best pictures, which makes me about 5yrs. old. Hopefully the criteria will be come a bit more sophisticated. The book I like
Top 5 Reasons You know You are Moving to Guatemala
5. You try to watch as much tv as possible, even though you don't watch tv normally.
4. You spend hours and hours copying CD's and tossing in a little Mana here and there to give it some "culture". I still thing country has plenty of culture :) haha
3. You avoid anything and everything having to do with corn or bananas
2. You get excited when you get a laundry basket as a going away gift.
1. You start looking for signs that say "Mi hut es su hut"
LEAVE ME A COMMENT! IT'S LIKE SEEING A MISSED CALL WITH NO MESSAGE :(
2 Comments:
hey liv,
you know a few years ago when I was about to have my jaw surgery, i kept going online to read about peoples experiences with it, and i would get 'woozy' when i started reading about the ones who had bad experiences. truth is, most turn out just great. More people post bad stuff than good stuff. When people have good experiences, they don't post much, but the bad experience people want to talk all day. Could be similar to what you may be finding while looking for guatamala stuff. :-) luv ya.
Don't ya think it's time to update that blog...c'mon!! almost a month now..
Post a Comment
<< Home