"So...are you getting excited yet?"
So we are in the home stretch here, it has been about 12months since this process started last year and now we are left with 28days till lift off. Am I excited? Yea… right now I would say I am 80% excited and 20% nervous. I have been working on the little things like canceling credit cards that I won’t need (unless there is a Macy’s or a Victoria Secret in my town) and I dug up one of the suitcases I am taking today in the garage. It is the same backpack/suitcase my grandma used when she did the Peace Corps about 12yrs ago and went to the Gambia (now all at once…. awwwwwwww) I got a letter saying I will be heading to D.C. for my paperwork/orientation stuff before heading to Guatemala on August 31st. I was cheering for Miami but didn’t happen. God has certainly blessed me when it comes to packing and getting the stuff I need to leave. In the end, I think I will have only had to purchase about 25% of the stuff I am taking thanks to gifts from friends and family. Everything from an amazing watercolor set and paper (thanks to Mr. Frame) to a friend offering to send me Pastor Dudley’s sermons each week on cd to me. You all rock and thank you!
- Number of songs needing to be burned to discs- 1500
- Times people have asked “So....Are you getting excited” - Up 900% from last month
- Watercolor classes taken in attempt to become an amazing artist before leaving- 1
- Other people that are going to Guatemala with me on the Yahoo message board- 8 (so far I am the youngest)
- Guatemala maps that cost an amazing $12 (better have GPS built in)- 1
- Kids "Hollywood" tourist t-shirts bought for host gifts for $3.99- 2
- Songs downloaded from Napster until realizing you have to pay for them individually if you want to burn them to a cd- about 80
- Sushi count for this week- 3
- Newest sushi discovery thanks to Em- Laker Roll: California roll with tempura outside and eel sauce. Yum!
- Items left to buy that I am avoiding- Anything camera related, GRE study guide and "quick drying dress pants"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home