Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Who would steal a cow, or how!

Hola,
Back in the internet cafe. Looking to get a cell phone this weekend hopefully and it will be about $.15 a min i think. Not bad, let me know if its cheaper for you to call me.
- So here, are the rules on greetings. Saying ¨good day, good afternoon or good evening ¨is important and you say it to basically EVERYONE you pass which is a lot of people. So between getting up and 12pm it is Buenos Dias, then at 1201. bam! you got Buenos Tardes, if you say Buenos Dias, they will laugh. Then come 601pm, you got Buenos Noches. Everynow now and then you will get the occasional kid that says ¨¨Good morning how are you¨which when you respond in english they are thrilled!
- I have concluded that there are about 2 stray dogs for everyone one person in my town.
- It is not uncommon to see someone walking their cow or pig. Very uncommon to see them walking a dog though.
- New security system idea! Guard dogs, on your roof, not that rare here.
- I am determined to figure out how to balance a basket, or a bundle of wood on my head and walk by the time I leave.
- I really want to get some ¨typical Guat clothing¨really pretty, very detailed material with beautiful colors. Looks VERY hot though. DEpending on where you live determines the colors in the clothing they said.
- My neighbors cow got stolen. How do you do that. Hard to use the question mark on the keyboard. This is his 2nd cow that has gotten stolen.
- I had empanadas here with some REALLY good hot chocolate.
- Carrying a gun, not uncommon. Especially in the east, and ironically, one of their nicknames is Avacado. ¨¨Excuse me, I would like to buy some avacado-gun¨
- A lot of the kids take english in school. I got to help my 10yr old neighbor-cousin with her homework the other day, ¨¨I have curly hair¨ was tough.
- I have come to the conclusion that my already bad spelling is now being affected by having to spell in spanish.
- I get Newsweek!!! We get the international version so not sure how different it is. I have never read an entire Newsweek in my life till I got here.
- So.. I had a great moment with my problem of the absence of anyhting Christian realted. And actually many people are complaining about it. My techincal trainer here from Guat gives us handouts to read regarding leadership. WEll! They happen to be from a Christian book and the quote vereses. Each day is a new day about leadership and it gives an example of a verse. The book is Leadship Promises for Every Day by John. C Maxwell for any of you that are curious. I am happy, many many are not.

IF OUND MY MISSING BLOG PAGE! I WILL DELEATE THE OTHER ONE LATER
-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home