Sunday, November 27, 2005

Turkey, Tejutla and Timely Bus Rides (had to think of another T word)

- Number of stamps used to send home two cds (not in a plastic case)- 14 ($4.50!)
- Number of times I broke my door to my room in Tejutla- 2 (door opens out, not in)
- Number of hours spent on the bus going to and from San Marcos (closest town)- 4
- Number of passangers in micro'bus on the way to our site- 11, and one dog and includding 1 1-2 rows of seats being filled with luggage. It was a snug trip.
- Number of Mormon Missionary Teams I have seen in this area since getting here- 2
- Number of hours I spent in my room today (Sun) because I am either avoiding fast speaking spanish people or whistling men- About 5

- Turkey Day with the Embassy Family- Myself and 3 other vols went to a couples apartment in the capital for Turkey. For starters... people working for the state department live in VERY nice places. This was an apartment like that of NY or LA. Crown mold ceilings, start of the art kitchen, wood floors, big and AMAZING views. They had no furniture so they had the embassy deliver a dinning room table for us. It was a very nice meal.
- My New Host Family- So the room I am staying in for 2months or so has 9 people living there. I think 6 are kids, still not sure who lives there yet. They are very nice and are pretty easy to understand. My room is a little dark and cold at night but I am working on making it homey. All the Christmas decorations everyone sent me will be going up next week probably.
- Funky Tejutla Tradition- So for a month till Dec 7th, every night people walk around dressed up as devils and they do whatever to people (bother, scare) and try to get donations and then they build a giant devil to burn on Dec 7th. So if ya see anyone coming down the street in a hood with a plastic ax, no need to worry (at least in Tejutla).


Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home